Monday, August 23, 2004

Random Thoughts from Nathan

Has my creative spirit died? Where is it? Where is my love for creative writing, good stories? My mind has now come to a rate where it speeds along in an unslowing, unchanging pace, how have I come to this place?

I must write...


The General Welfare of Humanity/Peace- In life, there are things which drive men, things that men seek; but what among those things is worth anything, without peace? Is it really so great, if you have everything, but cannot sleep for the tumultuous noise inside your stylishly empty head.


In society, men must have peace, they are designed that way, they are designed searching for peace. Governments seek to secure that peace, they seek to preserve your right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." They must do that with the restriction of peoples rights, and the placing of certain boundaries.


While I may think that I could pursue happiness best through the robbing and molestation of the person next to me, that would not ensure his ability to have life and pursuit of happiness. So, for the good of both of us, my desire to seek happiness through the misfortune of others must be curbed. If everyone was merely left to his own devices, then he would naturally seek evil, for man is evil. What are civil rights? They are what the government has given, the government deals them out. In an oppressive tyrannical government, those rights may be few, in an open system, many.


We are called to submit to our governing authorities, whether Nero, or Bush, King George, or John Kerry; we are to submit to them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home